Selling a Rural Residential Property

After years selling Special Rural property I do know that buyers ask many different questions compared to normal residential or strata property and if these questions aren’t answered satisfactory it is difficult for a buyer to make a decision to purchase.


The questions that are regularly asked relate to:


  • Zoning and sub division

  • What hobby farm pursuits can be done on the property?

  • Granny flats

  • Outbuildings

  • Harvesting clean rain water

  • Rain water tanks / liners & pumps

  • Machinery required to maintain a rural property

  • Bore water & Irrigation

  • Vegetable gardens / fruit trees

  • Keeping Chickens

  • Horses and other livestock

  • Fencing types

  • Soil types, does the property hold water in winter

  • Special provisions pertaining to the property

  • Setbacks

  • Firebreaks

  • Building envelopes

  • Tree identification

  • Can the property be cleared?

  • Driveway construction                        

  • Septic systems                                           

  • Single or 3 phase power available             I have found that buyers like the fact that I live on a Special Rural property     

  • Gas bottles for the home                            and I sell Special rural properties.

  • Termites                                                    

  • Mosquitos                                                   "Listing with a Rural Residential Specialist can make all the difference"

  • Snakes

  • Kangaroos Foxes & Rabbits in the area


These questions are just the tip of the iceberg; a lot of these questions can be explained at my 2ha Rural Residential Real Estate office located at 96 Marlee Road Parklands WA 6180.


© Peel Real Estate 2013. All rights reserved.